VP Sara to skip NBI probe again, points to media event as reason

- Advertisement -

MANILA, Philippines — Vice President Sara Duterte has announced she will again skip a scheduled appearance at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), opting instead to host a thanksgiving party for reporters covering the Office of the Vice President (OVP).

Duterte said her legal counsel advised her that her attendance at the NBI, which is probing alleged threats she made against President Ferdinand Marcos Jr., First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos, and House Speaker Martin Romualdez, was unnecessary.

- Advertisement -

“I am also unavailable on that day because, aside from my lawyers’ advice, we will hold our thanksgiving activities with the media on Dec. 11,” Duterte said Monday night in Davao City.

She also mentioned that she would return to Davao City afterward for her uncle’s burial.

This marks the second time Duterte has deferred her NBI appearance. Initially subpoenaed for November 29, she requested a rescheduling due to her participation in a House hearing on that date.

While the House committee postponed its inquiry to accommodate her NBI appearance, Duterte claimed she was informed too late about the adjustment.

- Advertisement -

The NBI investigation stems from allegations involving threats made last month, prompting scrutiny of Duterte’s actions.

Further developments regarding her involvement in the case remain to be seen.

- Advertisement -

Latest

Marcos Orders Arrest, Deportation of Foreign Vlogger Who Harassed Filipinos in Viral Video

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has condemned the harassment of...

DFA confirms espionage-related arrests of 3 Filipinos in China, assures continued legal support

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)...

Stray Dog Turned ‘Employee’ with Company ID Goes Viral in Rizal

A mixed-breed stray dog named “Puti” has gone viral...

Myanmar Earthquake Death Toll Surpasses 3,000 as Rescue Efforts Continue

The death toll from the magnitude 7.7 earthquake in...

Sandiganbayan Rejects Jinggoy Estrada’s Appeal to Dismiss Graft Cases

The Sandiganbayan has denied Senator Jinggoy Estrada’s appeal to...

Newsletter

Three Dead, Three Injured in Motorcycle Collision in Isabela

Three people died, while three others sustained injuries in a collision involving three motorcycles in Victoria, Mallig, Isabela. According to PCapt. Richard Binalay, Deputy Chief...

China Rocket Debris May Fall in Cagayan Waters, OCD Warns

The Office of the Civil Defense (OCD) Region 2 has warned of possible debris from a Chinese rocket falling into the waters off Cagayan. According...

DFA Denies Reports of Bail for Detained Filipinos in Qatar

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has refuted circulating reports on social media claiming that detained Filipinos in Qatar could secure their release by...