Former President Duterte Says One President in the Family is Enough

- Advertisement -

Former President Rodrigo Duterte has expressed that one president in the family should be enough, urging that other individuals be given the opportunity to lead the country.

His statement comes amid growing speculation regarding the potential presidential bid of his daughter, Vice President Sara Duterte, for the 2028 elections.

- Advertisement -

Duterte, who served as the 16th President of the Philippines from 2016 to 2022, became known for his hardline stance on crime, particularly his controversial war on drugs.

His administration was marked by both domestic support and international criticism. During his presidency, Duterte maintained a firm grip on power and enjoyed widespread popularity.

In response to questions about Sara Duterte’s possible candidacy, the former president said, “One president in a family is enough,” and suggested that it is time to allow others the chance to run for the country’s highest office.

While he acknowledged his daughter’s strong political standing, Duterte emphasized the importance of giving space to new leaders.

- Advertisement -

Last week, Vice President Sara announced that she would disclose her plans for the 2028 elections by 2026, a year before the official filing of certificates of candidacy.

- Advertisement -

Latest

Jessica Sanchez and Morissette unite for inspiring new anthem

This is one vocal powerhouse dream come true indeed.

Jojo Mendrez gives new life to “Yakap”

The singer breathes new life to a classic hit.

Sen. Bato dela Rosa rejects calls to surrender to ICC

MANILA, Philippines - Senator Ronald dela Rosa on Wednesday...

Sen Dela Rosa issued CIDG subpoena over alleged EJK cases; ordered to appear in Camp Crame inquiry

MANILA, Philippines - Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa has...

Explainer: What really happens when a vice president is impeached?

MANILA, Philippines —The House of Representatives is set to...

Newsletter

Sen Dela Rosa issued CIDG subpoena over alleged EJK cases; ordered to appear in Camp Crame inquiry

MANILA, Philippines - Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa has been issued a subpoena by the Philippine National Police – Criminal Investigation and Detection Group...

Jessica Sanchez and Morissette unite for inspiring new anthem

This is one vocal powerhouse dream come true indeed.

Sen. Bato dela Rosa rejects calls to surrender to ICC

MANILA, Philippines - Senator Ronald dela Rosa on Wednesday rejected calls for him to voluntarily surrender to the International Criminal Court (ICC), insisting that...