PNP says evidence points to suicide in Cabral death

- Advertisement -

THE Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said evidence gathered so far indicates that the death of former Department of Public Works and Highways undersecretary Maria Cabral is consistent with suicide.

Acting PNP chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. said investigators have found indications supporting a suicide scenario, based on the pieces of evidence collected.

- Advertisement -

However, Nartatez stressed that the finding remains preliminary, as authorities have yet to complete their investigation into the incident.

Cabral was found dead on Dec. 19 in a deep ravine below Kennon Road in Tuba, Benguet. Authorities believe she sustained fatal injuries after falling onto the rocky terrain at the bottom of the ravine.

Police said the case remains under active review to determine the full circumstances surrounding her death.

If you or someone you know needs help, mental health support is available through the National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) crisis hotlines: 1553 (Luzon-wide landline), 0917-899-8727, 0966-351-4518, and 0908-639-2672.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Latest

LALALAFEST Manila debut set for August 2026; Steve Lacy, Two Door Cinema Club, Ben&Ben to lead lineup

One of Southeast Asia’s leading music festival is coming to Manila.

ABBA tribute band Björn Again set to visit Manila and Cebu

The world's number one ABBA tribute show is coming to the Philippines.

Moira Dela Torre returns with deluxe edition of ‘I’m Okay’ album

The "hugot" hitmaker is ready to turn the page.

NCRPO expects bigger turnout on day 2 of Iglesia ni Cristo rally

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police...

Venezuela earthquake death toll nears 1,500 as search for survivors continues

CARACAS, Venezuela — Rescue teams continued searching for survivors...

Newsletter