Ex-OFW with warrant of arrest caught after asking for police clearance

- Advertisement -

A woman in Trece Martires, Cavite, who was intended to receive a police clearance was arrested when an active arrest warrant against her was discovered on the police record.

The suspect was granted an arrest warrant by the Biñan Regional Trial Court for violating the Bouncing Checks Law (BP 22), according to Police Lieutenant Colonel Orlando Carag, Chief of Police of Trece Martires.

- Advertisement -

Plt Col. Carag added, that the accused came to their office on December 10 for the clearance that would enable her to apply for the job.

“She tried to acquire police clearance so our personnel would of course check our system. So when they saw in the system that there was an active arrest warrant, they did not let her go, and they informed my warrant personnel so they immediately served her arrest warrant,” said Officer Col. Carag.

“So she was surprised and we asked why she had an arrest warrant. She said, she knew that she had a case of BP22, but she did not anticipate that her case could be seen wherever she gets clearance,” he went on.

The accused stated that she previously worked as a domestic helper in Kuwait and had recently returned to the Philippines to seek employment as a factory worker.

- Advertisement -

But she had no idea there was an arrest warrant out for her, particularly as she had spent the previous two years working abroad.

She stated that she had taken out a loan from a lending organization in 2019 but failed to repay it in full since her canteen business went bankrupt at the height of the pandemic.

“During the pandemic, my canteen suffered greatly. I was unable to make payments to them, and the people who owed money to my canteen also couldn’t pay due to the pandemic. As a result, I had no money to cover my debts. Furthermore, I couldn’t even visit the canteen because it was prohibited at that time,” the suspect claimed.

The PNP has previously informed the Biñan Regional Trial Court that the accused is being held.

- Advertisement -

The accused is also planning to post a bail of 24,000 pesos so that she can spend the holidays with her family.

- Advertisement -

Latest

DFA Denies Reports of Bail for Detained Filipinos in Qatar

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has refuted circulating...

Malacañang Assures Public Amid Taiwan Invasion Fears; Gov’t Ready to Repatriate Filipinos

Malacañang has reassured the public that there is no...

Philippine Navy to Deploy New Warships to West Philippine Sea, Northern Luzon

The Philippine Navy is set to deploy its new...

Woman Dies, Two Injured After Truck Reverses Into Kuliglig

A woman was killed, while two others sustained injuries...

Three Dead, Three Injured in Motorcycle Collision in Isabela

Three people died, while three others sustained injuries in...

Newsletter

Palace Assures Readiness in Case ‘The Big One’ Strikes

The Philippine government has assured the public of its preparedness in the event of 'The Big One,' a potential catastrophic earthquake. According to Palace Press...

Woman Dies, Two Injured After Truck Reverses Into Kuliglig

A woman was killed, while two others sustained injuries after a truck loaded with sugarcane reversed into a kuliglig at Gucab Bridge, Echague, Isabela. According...

Philippines Mobilizes Humanitarian Aid for Myanmar Earthquake Victims

The Philippine government has swiftly mobilized humanitarian aid to assist Myanmar following the devastating 7.7-magnitude earthquake that claimed over 1,000 lives. In a statement, the...